Buying a Business in New York? A Lawyer Can Help.
New York attorney Rubin Ferziger has assisted numerous clients in buying companies and firms over the course of 35 years in commercial practice. Buyers who want to acquire businesses retain the Ferziger law firm to assist with structuring a favorable purchase package.
Buyers want these benefits and advantages in their purchase deals:
- An Affordable Price
- Good Title to the Company
- Flexible Payment Terms
- Protection Against Fraud, Undisclosed Facts and Unknown Liabilities
- Favorable Tax Treatment
As a commercial transaction lawyer, Rubin Ferziger assists buyers with a thorough, meticulous approach to structuring excellent purchase deals. Legal issues in these areas are addressed:
- Asset or Stock Transfers
- Assessment of Seller Representations
- Detection of Serious Legal Problems
- Structuring Workable Terms & Conditions
- Key Contracts Analysis
- Assignment of Contractual Rights
- Lease Viability & Landlord Negotiations
- Customer Lists
- Legal Considerations Related to Stability of Major Customers or Clients
- Receivables & Collection Issues
- Creditor Claims
- Rights to Trademarks, Patents & Other Intellectual Property
- Acquiring Machinery, Equipment and other Assets
- Preparing Loan Documentation
- Negotiating Seller Financing
- Partnership Arrangements in Making a Purchase
- Employment, Labor & Management Personnel Concerns
- Background Checks
- Seller Remaining With Buyer as Advisor for a Limited Period
- Compensation Matters
- Insurance Questions
- Purchase of Business Premises
- Non-Competition & Non-Disclosure Agreements
- Restructuring Business Entities (Corporation, Partnership, LLC, etc.)
- Avoiding Future Litigation
- Transfer of Licenses & Permits
- Determining Likelihood of Undisclosed Facts & Liabilities
- Pending Lawsuits
- Buying a Franchise
The Ferziger firm has published a special report called How to Successfully Start or Buy a Business, which condenses decades of practical wisdom in buying a business. In fact, when it was first released, it got the attention of BusinessWeek. Karen Klein was so impressed with it that she interviewed Rubin for a special live segment called How to Spot and Avoid Legal Mistakes: What to Watch for When Buying a Business. To learn more about Rubin's approach to buying companies, download your free copy of How to Successfully Start or Buy a Business.
Potential Legal Pitfalls in Buying a Franchise
Purchase of a franchise demands particularly careful scrutiny. An individual franchise owner who is unhappy with the corporate business system may want to dump his business on an unsuspecting buyer. Usually, good franchise operations are quickly bought by other franchisees, if the franchisor hasn't already reacquired them.
Similarly, extreme care needs to be exercised in buying directly from the franchisor. Franchises can be very risky propositions when the corporate support system isn't sufficiently stable or supportive.
Rubin Ferziger can help an interested franchise buyer to make a wise purchase, if the deal is worthwhile.
For legal assistance in purchasing a business, please contact the Law Office of Rubin Ferziger today at 212-490-8585.